No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
1. The CMA Awards 2020 Fan Challenge Sweepstakes Presented by GEICO (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except those residing in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and other US territories and possessions), who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry into the Sweepstakes. Employees of the Country Music Association, Inc. (“Sponsor”), GEICO and their respective officers, members, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents and advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons (collectively with Sponsor referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Subject to all laws and regulations and void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes will begin at 8:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on Monday, October 19, 2020 and will conclude at 11:59 PM CT on Sunday, November 22, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes consists of five (5) separate and independent drawings during five (5) distinct Entry Periods. Each Entry Period has a unique prize associated with the drawing for that period. Weekly periods are as follows. Prizing for each drawing is as described below. Each Entry Period begins at 12:01 AM on the first day of the Entry Period and ends at 11:59 PM on the last day of the Entry Period. Only entries received by Sponsor within the Entry Period will be eligible for that week’s Drawing.
|Drawing||Entry Period||Drawing Date||Prize|
|#1||October 19, 2020 – October 25, 2020||October 26, 2020||Prize #1|
|#2||October 26, 2020 – November 1, 2020||November 2, 2020||Prize #2|
|#3||November 2, 2020 – November 8, 2020||November 9, 2020||Prize #3|
|#4||November 9, 2020 – November 15, 2020||November 16, 2020||Prize #4|
|#5||November 16, 2020 – November 22, 2020||November 23, 2020||Prize #5|
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. An Internet-connected device is required to participate in the Sweepstakes.To enter, entrants must go to www.cmaawards.com/challenge during an Entry Period and follow the instructions to register.
Entrants may not pre-register for future drawings and may only enter to win the prize for the Entry Period in which their entry is received.Limit one (1) entry per person per Entry Period. Subsequent entries during the same Entry Period from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to enter more than once with multiple accounts will result in disqualification.
All entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period in order to participate in the Drawing for that Entry Period.
All entries shall be and remain the sole property of Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the account holder of the email through which the entry is submitted. The authorized account holder of the e-mail account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor and its respective agents are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, garbled, jumbled, corrupted, inaccessible or incomplete entries. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. DRAWING. Each Prize will be awarded to one (1) (“Winners”) who will be chosen on or about the Drawing Date associated with the Entry Period for such Prize by a random drawing from among all eligible entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor. The potential winner for each Prize will be notified by e-mail via the e-mail address provided at entry after the Drawing Date and will be given instructions on how to claim Prize. The potential winners will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within five (5) business days of notification or Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If the entrant whose winning entry is chosen is found to be ineligible or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected. In such event, up to two (2) successive entries will be drawn and Sponsor will successively attempt to contact these entrants in accordance with the above procedure. If there is still no confirmed winner of the prize in question after such attempts have been made, the prize may go un-awarded or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion identify and attempt to contact additional entrants.
5. PRIZE AND ODDS. There are five (5) prizes (“ Prizes”) available. Prizes consist of the following:
|#1||One (1)||CMA Awards Host Merchandise Prize Pack and GEICO Prize Pack||$381.40|
|#2||One (1)||CMA Awards Merchandise Prize Pack and GEICO Prize Pack||$311.40|
|#3||One (1)||Nashville/Music City Merchandise Prize Pack and GEICO Prize Pack||$356.40|
|#4||One (1)||Autographed Guitar and GEICO Prize Pack||$256.40|
|#5||One (1)||Trip for two (2) to CMA Awards 2021 and GEICO Prize Pack (as further described below)||$2,556.40|
The Winner of each of Prize #1 – Prize #4 will receive a number of items of merchandise as described in the table above. All such merchandise to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Winner of Prize #5 will receive: 1 (one) trip for two (2) people to CMA Awards 2021 which includes: (i) air transportation for two (2) people (coach class from an airport proximate to the Winner’s residence selected by Sponsor); (ii) one (1) standard room (single room, double occupancy) for two (2) consecutive nights at a Nashville hotel determined by Sponsor); (iii) two (2) tickets to CMA Awards 2021; and (iv) Ground Transportation to and from the hotel and the Nashville airport.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) is Three Thousand, Eight Hundred and Sixty-Two Dollars ($3,862.00). (If actual value of Prize is less than this amount, Winner will not receive the difference in cash.) Prize is subject to availability and other restrictions. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution by Winner or cash equivalent is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (in whole or in part) for a prize/prize component of equal or greater value.
Prize #5 Winner must be able to travel to Nashville in November 2021 on the day before the CMA Awards 2021 and return the day after the CMA Awards 2021; if Prize #5 Winner is not available, Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected (time permitting). If the Prize #5 Winner lives within reasonable driving distance of Nashville (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor may substitute ground transportation or stipend (in an amount of its sole choosing) for ground travel. If Prize #5 Winner chooses to attend CMA Awards 2021 without a guest, the Prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for one (1) traveler (i.e., the Winner) and no substitute or alternate prize will be awarded. Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner; failure to do so will result in immediate termination of trip for Winner and/or guest and Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to Winner/guest.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the expiration of the Sweepstakes period or the termination of the Sweepstakes.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participants, including all entrants and Winners agree: (a) that the Sponsor, GEICO and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by such participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prizes; and (b) except where legally prohibited, Winners grant (and agree to confirm such grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and those acting with or under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional notice or compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered (including, without limitation, on the Internet) worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice, review or approval.Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful a Publicity Release within five (5) days of receipt of notification. Prize #5’s Winner’s travel companion (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will also be required to complete, sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to issuance of travel documents. (If guest is a minor, he/she may only accompany his/her parent or legal guardian (i.e., the Winner) to CMA Awards 2021). No guest may be five years of age or under. If documents are not completed, signed and returned on a timely basis, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and may be offered to an alternate winner.
7. TAXES AND EXPENSES. The value of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of prize awarded to Winners will be reported to the IRS and other authorities for tax purposes as required by law. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to (i) any incidental expenses related to Prize #5’s Winner and his/her guest’s hotel stay (over and above room rate and applicable taxes); (ii) any costs related to meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. Neither Sponsor, nor any Sweepstakes Entity shall be responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, or non-delivered entries, or emails or lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, or failed computer network, telephone, satellite, cable hardware, software or lines or technical failure or jumbled scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture or loss of any such information. Sponsor, its agencies, webmasters/suppliers, vendors and contractors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor, its agencies and web masters/suppliers are not responsible for injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading or copying material from the website. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and determine the winners from eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed to be fair and equitable by Sponsor. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at cmaworld.com. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS, WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering, all entrants release Sponsor, GEICO and their respective directors, employees, divisions, affiliates, officers, members, subsidiaries, agents, advertising agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes or CMA Awards 2021, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and the awarding and use of any prize, including liability for personal injury. Sponsor is not responsible if CMA Awards 2021 is delayed, postponed, modified such that no audience is permitted or cancelled for any reason. Seating and timing to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Tickets may be subject to the issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, Winners agree to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions applicable to the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if Winner does not use ticket for CMA Awards 2021. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or the award of any Prizes, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the United States District Court of the Middle District of Tennessee or the appropriate Tennessee State court located in Davidson County, Tennessee; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.
9. WINNER’S LIST. For the winner’s list, please send such requests (which shall specify the Sweepstakes name) to: Country Music Association, Inc., Attention: CMA Awards 2020 Fan Challenge Sweepstakes Presented by GEICO, 35 Music Square East, Suite 201, Nashville, TN 37203. Winner’s List will be available after December 1, 2020 and through January 31, 2021.
11. SPONSOR. Country Music Association, Inc., 35 Music Square East, Suite 201, Nashville, TN 37203.
Country Music Association, CMA Awards and associated logos are registered trademarks of Country Music Association, Inc. all rights reserved.