Collector’s Set Features Five Decades of Performances, Unforgettable Highlights and Memories from Country Music’s Biggest Night™
NASHVILLE—Time Life, in conjunction with the Country Music Association, has released the retail version of CMA Awards Live: Greatest Moments 1968-2015, a 3-DVD collector’s set ($29.99 srp), available everywhere today. The retail release comes after overwhelming success of Time’s Life’s exclusive 10-disc collection, released in 2017.
CMA Awards Live: Greatest Moments 1968-2015 brings home viewers from the early days of the CMA Awards when Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, and Loretta Lynn topped the charts to today’s Country Music scene where top stars include Little Big Town, Chris Stapleton and Carrie Underwood.
The 3-disc collector’s set, a must-have for any fan of Country Music, includes a who’s who of Country icons performing their biggest hits: Alabama, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Vince Gill, Loretta Lynn, Alan Jackson, Buck Owens, Charley Pride, George Strait, Taylor Swift, Randy Travis, Tanya Tucker, Keith Urban, Trisha Yearwood, and dozens more.
Highlights of the set include:
• More than 40 live performances from Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues” and Tammy Wynette’s “D-I-V-O-R-C-E” to Dierks Bentley’s “Drunk on a Plane” and Florida Georgia Line’s “Round Here.”
• Unforgettable CMA Awards moments including Lionel Richie and Alabama performing “Deep River Woman,” Vince Gill and Patty Loveless performing “When I Call Your Name,” Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty performing “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man,” The Highwaymen – Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson performing “Highwayman,” and George Strait and Alan Jackson performing “He Stopped Loving Her Today” during the George Jones Tribute.
• Awards acceptance speeches from Country Music legends such as Glen Campbell and Charley Pride receiving their Entertainer of the Year awards, Loretta Lynn and Lynn Anderson receiving the Female Vocalist of the Year award and more.
• Go behind the scenes on Country Music’s Biggest Night with candid interviews with Charley Pride, Blake Shelton and George Strait.
CMA Awards Live: Greatest Moments 1968-2015 is also available in a single disc configuration ($12.99srp) that features a contemporary line-up of performers including Eric Church, Little Big Town, Blake Shelton and more.’
About the CMA Awards
The first “CMA Awards Banquet and Show” was held in 1967. The following year, the CMA Awards was broadcast on television for the first time – making it the longest running, annual music awards program on network TV. The CMA Awards have aired on ABC since 2006. ABC is the network home of the CMA Awards and CMA’s other two television properties, “CMA Fest” and “CMA Country Christmas.”
About Time Life
Time Life is one of the world’s pre-eminent creators and direct marketers of unique music and video/DVD products, specializing in distinctive multi-media collections that evoke memories of yesterday, capture the spirit of today, and can be enjoyed for a lifetime. TIME LIFE and the TIME LIFE logo are registered trademarks of Time Warner Inc. and affiliated companies used under license by Direct Holdings Americas Inc., which is not affiliated with Time Warner Inc. or Time Inc.
- Format: DVD (3 Discs/1 Disc)
- Running Time: 177 minutes + extras/57 minutes
- Genre: Music
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Audio: Stereo
CMA Awards Live: Greatest Moments 1968-2015, a new 3-DVD collection is available at retail now. Photo credit: Time Life